Forum Maintenance and Changes: Thursday, Feb 25

Hi there everybody!

I wanted to give you a quick heads-up that we’re going to be integrating the community forum and the FieldKit Portal authentication as a first step toward a single-sign-on experience across all the sites. This will ultimately make logging in to FieldKit-related sites much simpler for you, so I’m very excited.

This window for this will be: 2021-02-25T19:00:00Z2021-02-25T20:00:00Z

What this means for you: the forum should stay up and be functional if you are already logged in, but if you are not logged in, during that window you will not be able to do so as @jlewallen and I test the new account authentication process.

Once this is completed, when you navigate to the forum it will ask you to authenticate via the FieldKit Portal. If you’re already logged into the portal, it will send you back to the forum with your authentication in place. If you’re not, you will log in via the portal and then it will send you back here.

If you run into any issues, have problems, or otherwise need help as we put this in place, please don’t hesitate to message me directly here or email me at lindsay@conservify.org and we can troubleshoot it together.

Thanks so much everyone!

2 Likes

The transition to single sign on with the FieldKit Portal went beautifully–now you use the same login and password for the portal as you do for the FieldKit community forum.

From now on, when you navigate to the forum it will ask you to authenticate via the FieldKit Portal. If you’re already logged into the portal, it will send you back to the forum with your authentication in place. If you’re not logged in to the portal, you will be prompted to log in via the portal and then it will send you back here, all logged in.

If you do not yet have an account on the portal, you will be prompted to set one up and it will sync to your account here so long as you use the same email address for authentication.

If you happen to have a portal account using an email that’s different than the one you’re using here, just let me know in a direct message and we can merge the two accounts.

If you run into any issues with logging in, please feel free to message me or send an email to lindsay@conservify.org – I’m always happy to help!

1 Like